This Professional Bookkeeping course will show you the essentials of record keeping for a small business and will show why it's necessary to track information. The course will give you a greater understanding of the purpose and process of record keeping. Professional Bookkeeping teaches you how to sort through the masses of information and paperwork, how to record what is important for a business, and how to use that information to grow a business for success. This course helps prepare you to take the NACPB Bookkeeping Certification exam. Professional Bookkeeping also assists you in setting up and running a thriving home-based bookkeeping business. This course includes 50 lessons on DVD.
To succeed in small business, you need great ideas, an entrepreneurial spirit, and competitive products or services. And one other thing: a good accounting system like QuickBooks. With our course you will learn how to track your sales and expenses all in one place and get reliable records for tax time. This QuickBooks course shows you how to use this popular business finance program to gain a clear view of your finances and keep your business in the black. Our course will help you make your bookkeeping workflow smoother and faster. Students will receive step-by-step instructions on how and when to use specific features, along with basic accounting advice to guide you through the learning process of QuickBooks 2016.
NOTE: This course does NOT include the QuickBooks program itself. Students will need to have QuickBooks 2016 already installed on their computers.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define the basics of beginning, intermediate, and advanced bookkeeping
• Identify the steps involved in starting a bookkeeping business
• Define methods for recruiting and maintaining clients
• Distinguish between bookkeeping and accounting
• Identify methods for tax planning and minimizing taxes
• Identify the basics for getting started with QuickBooks
• Define the steps for setting up bookkeeping and invoicing functions
• Recognize ways to track expenses, monitor accounts receivables, credit cards and payroll
• Recall the various components of managing a business, such as budgeting and reporting
• List steps for integrating and customizing features in QuickBooks
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. Students will need access to both a computer and the internet. Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills, and be comfortable navigating the internet.
The intended audience for this program is individuals that are seeking to gain employment in the field of Bookkeeping or wishing to enhance their skills in the field.
Upon successful completion of our Professional Bookkeeping course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a bookkeeper in an office setting and will be prepared to sit for the NACPB national certification exam. NACPB's Bookkeeper Certification assures employers you have bookkeeping knowledge and skill. You obtain the Certification by passing the Uniform Bookkeeper Certification Examination.
This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
•Students must have QuickBooks 2016 installed
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Bookkeepers’ Boot Camp: Get a Grip on Accounting Basics by Angie Mohr, CA, CMA
• How to Start a Home-Based Bookkeeping Business by Michelle Long
• Bookkeeping 101 & Beyond with Peachtree Accounting (DVDs) by Robert Henry